Wednesday 15 January 2014

HERE'S TO ALL THE MEN WHO DATE WITH INTEGRITY

My husband asked me to marry him on our second date!

He told me that he was not looking for a girlfriend but for a wife. Basically, what he meant was that if we were not going to relate with the intention of getting married, we should not even begin the relationship.

Needless to say, I was livid! How dare he? How dare he ask me to marry him without getting to know me first? Without dating me, taking me out numerous times, buying dinners, chocolate, jewelery and loads of flowers. How dare he take such a short cut? I was only 21 years old.

I spent the next date lecturing and "schooling" him on how he should have done it. I drew him a chart and explained how we are supposed to move from strangers to acquaintances, to close acquaintances to friends, to close friends, to going steady, to dating, to engaged and then get married.

Eventually though, I said yes and we began dating, with the aim of getting married. We did go out daily, we ate the chocolates, I got the flowers and everything else that I thought he was trying to forfeit. Even when the time came to get engaged, he went on his knee and proposed. :-)

With hindsight, I realize just how blessed I was. In a generation where men are becoming more and more emasculated and undecided about relationships, here was a man who was clear and to the point. He wasn't willing to waste my time and didn't want me to waste his either. I didn't have to wonder where we were heading. He wanted me to meet his mum even before I was ready. I didn't have to decipher whether he was more interested in me than his buddies. He was CRISP CLEAR that he wanted me!

Here's to all the straight forward men out there. To all the men of integrity when it comes to relationships and marriage. You are a diminishing but precious minority. To all of you who refuse to waste a woman's time by wooing her enough to maintain interest but never committing to her. You who shun the bad habit of taking a woman's most precious youth and then, telling her after ten years that you sense you should go in different directions. You who never make her insecure by seeing other women, spending more time with the guys or even preferring your mother. You who honor her sexuality and refuse to have sex with her until you marry her. You who understand, that she comes from a family that loves her and has a Heavenly Father who watches her and therefore treat her with respect and dignity. May God bless you and honor you for your integrity. May He give you your heart's desire with the right and the best wife, who goes beyond all your dreams.

If you are not this man, but are guilty of the relationship evils mentioned. Know that you can change. It's never too late to improve. Just remember that what you do to any woman, you shall stand accountable to God for. You may discard her easily, your friends and family may even encourage you to forget her quickly, you may leave her for another and seemingly get away with it, but God who created her will make sure that, unless you repent, you will reap exactly what you sow.

Ladies, if you are the one wasting a man's time, may you do the dignified thing and leave him alone. May you be a tremendous blessing to him by getting out of his life. Never string anyone along. Never date anyone you cannot see yourself marrying. Never say yes when you don't mean to. Only date the person that you are ready to marry. Otherwise, you are both  setting yourselves up for unnecessary entanglement and wasting precious years.

Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.Galatians 6:7

Barikiweni

26 comments:

  1. May this message speak to any man or woman who has waywardly treated the opposite in unGodly ways and may it create men with Christ like characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What i coincidence i proposed to my girlfriend wife to be on our second day hahahaa how i love thing thanks for the wisdom filled words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God guide you right and bless your union!

      Delete
  3. what you have said there pastor is very true. I've vowed to date only with the intention of marriage but i realize that most young girls are simply not interested in that focus. They would prefer the benefits of going out, gifts and splendor but without the commitment of marriage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't give up and don't settle. It may mean that you are hanging around the wrong crowd. You will find her!

      Delete
  4. Nice one. Am also praying and waiting for the right man no matter how long it takes me. Am sure God will send him at his appointed time. Thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said am encouraged and i thank God that He prepared me even when i dint understand He was how i pray that my girlfriend and i shall hold on to integrity and purity that christ will be the centre of every decision we make thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not the wrong blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is true say what you want straight

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say it to some lady that the reason why I dare date her is to marry her not to be her friend...the friendship-zone affair is dangerous, haphazard and simply selfish...showing what one is not ready to give to a fruitful relationship that lead into marriage....all the stereotyped process of acquaintance, friends, close friends and lovers... my foot! is too mechanical, no spontaneous and unreal .....it is right for one to get the intentions of the other outright from the word go. Yes truly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never say yes when you don't mean to. Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yap, I said "how dare him asking to marry me on the 3rd date!" but now its crystal clear he knows what he wants and what direction will get us there. Thanks Mom Judy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Pastor even those men who do not propose on the second or third date are good men, everyone has their way of dating their woman, he may propose with other intentions e.g of getting you to bed! Let people be they cannot all date on the same way yours did...it would be quite boring for me for a man to propose on a second date! My opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. When a man sees what he wants for a wife..it doesnt need years of convincing n xperimenting..spot on...if 1st date was possible jus that one tries to play calm in it

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mother taught me the same thing...even if you don't propose on the second date...make it clear that you are in it for the full nine yards and you are experimenting

    ReplyDelete
  14. there is this guy i i dont love but i always want his company so badly but am not intending to get married to him is that normal

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow good stuff Pasi... thanks

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's motivating I am currently dating for the 4 th year now and the guy is not ready. Wondering What to do

    ReplyDelete
  17. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Elikem Healing Herbal Remedies has helped with her herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed {Elikem Healing Remedies} , and she told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Elikem Healing Herbal Remedies for your own testimony on: (elikemremedies@yahoo.com).

    ReplyDelete